Hello fellow food junkie! (: This food blog is about my favorite as well as my friends favorite Italian restaurant. I’ve been to different Italianni’s resto from North to South, I mean it, its true. The branch that I usually visit is the one at Ayala Center Cebu, the hostess already knew my name, they are very hospitable and accomodating. This dining experience in Italianni’s that I am going to share is the one at Trinoma Ayala Mall in Manila.
- Italianni’s is originally a concept started in 1991 by Carlson Restaurants, the parent company of TGI Friday’s. Carlson Restaurants grew this concept, opening multiple Italianni’s across the United States, as well as internationally. And in 1996 they opened the first Italianni’s in the Philippines.
- The restaurant is located in the fourth floor of the mall.
- Since I have a bistro discount card, whenever I dine there (well, its not really mine, it just had my name printed on it but my friend she’s the one who pay for the card, since we used it on her birthday) I’ll just show the card and on my bill there will be 30% or 20% discount plus complimetary coffee or tea, on Mondays the discount will be 30% and from Tuesday- Sunday it will be 20%, and they have 10% service charge. Together with the card there is a little notebook consists of coupons– free appetizers, you can use this coupon everytime you dine, the sad thing about the coupons is, you only got one from every chain of restaurants they own, such as TGI Fridays, Fish and Co, Bulgogi Brothers, Krazy Garlik. The card was being sold at 1500php. This 2016 the price of the card is already 2000php a bit more pricey than before but you got tobsave more, it has same policy with the card from 2015 but the coupons are no longer free appetizers but ten 250php discount coupons which is really great my friend bought her card two weeks ago when we went to Davao.
- Every meal in Italianni’s starts with a complimentary home made Tuscan or Focaccia bread served with olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.
- We ordered the following dishes– Toasted Ravioli (Cheese filled ravioli drizzled with Marinara sauce and basil pesto); Italian Truffle Fries (Crispy potato chips with basil drizzled with truffle cream dressing. Served with truffle mayo dip); Grilled Pork Chop Au Poivre (Grilled pepper-crusted pork chops served over a medly of rosemary potatoes, carrots, crisp-fried spinach, seasoned with marsala wine sauce); Shrimp Fra Diablo (Fettucinne sautèed with shrimps, garlic, pinenuts, spinach, asparagus and feta cheese in tomato cream sauce); Shrimp and Mushroom Linguine (Shrimps and mushroom sautèed in garlic, anchovy, olive oil and tossed in linguine with marinara sauce); Quattro Staggioni (flavored pizza: pepperoni, mushroom and
artichokes, shrimp with black olives and cheese topped with arugula, mozzarella, taleggio and goat cheese); Minestrone Soup (Classic Italian vegetable soup topped with basil, pesto, maccheroni pasta and grated parmesan cheese); and for our drinks we had Tropicale Italiana (A fresh combination of italian herb, basil, pineapple, orange and lime juice).
- Overall experience is always awesome with Italianni’s and love to get back there, infact I’ll be meeting my friend there tomorrow.
- Enjoy reding guys, and please don’t forget to follow me on instagram Vanilladdiction. Much love, Diana (: